Skip to main content

Weekend Update





I could really use a weekend of nothingness....a weekend with no plans, PJ's and movie marathons. This does not appear to be in the cards for us anytime soon.  This weekend was as all others seem to be. Crazy Busy.

Friday evening John & Gav headed to a Wahoo's game to celebrate Gavin's  AR victory. Much like, Annabelle did last year Gavin topped the mini Brandts AR reading goal every semester for the entire year! Needless to say, this sort of celebrating did not involve girls tagging alone...most especially sisters and step moms.  So the lady Brandts settled for dinner out and a movie in. We even ate ice cream. IN THE LIVING ROOM. You heard that right folks, it was a crazy night.

Saturday the mini Brandts had their Awana end of the year water party & I had a gun safety class at the Sheriff's Department. I'm applying for my concealed weapons permit (you know since work now involves going into vacant houses with strangers and all). Besides, I love shooting, but with ammo so expensive I rarely go to the range.

They should consider less attractive targets

We spent Saturday evening cooking out with my Dad, Step Mom & 2 of my lovely sisters.  The kiddo's enjoyed some much sought after pool time & some delicious homemade ice cream too!
Summer suits
Gav & his yummy homemade ice cream


Sunday we started the morning off with Awana recognition at Church (Gavin was clearly thrilled as you can tell from the photo below) & finished the day with friends, food and a brand new slip in slide  put to good use.


Awana Recognition

Mini Brandtitos

This is how I will feel tomorrow. Bring on Monday....actually bring on Friday.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess