Skip to main content

Weeks in Photos



I've been a mixture of lazy and busy  lately. Here is a quick rundown of some of the things we've been up to via photos...

Ava turned 6 & celebrated with a birthday at the Funplex in Gulf Breeze.



Gavin was not intrested in attending this shindig but the lady Brandts never turn down a party.



I painted our livingroom partially blue & am painting our kitchen teal this weekend.
(Of course I've been planning to paint the kitchen since I painted the wall so maybe not this weekend....)



I traveled to Kansas for JSC for the week. It was my first time actually spending any real time there, and I was very impressed with Wichita!! I would definitely like to make another trip there....you know..sometime in the future...







Sushi with Strawberries in Kansas...an unexpected bonus.


My second night in Kansas all hell broke lose and several massive storms rolled thru. Scary stuff.  Being unfamiliar with our location, me and my partner proceeded to drive straight thru it. Note to self....when traveling you should definitely learn what COUNTY you're in and probably the surrounding counties as well...because that's what information the emergency broadcast uses to tell you not to do things like drive thru terrible storms...

Here's a photo of the storm after it had passed. I don't believe any actual tornados were spotted, but there were 100 mph winds, fist size hail and heavy, heavy, rain. The plant I was there working with actually had a storage building loose it's roof.

Fun times.


Mostly my week looked a lot like this. Work, Work, Work & Caffeine.



Kansas Skies are gorgeous...when not filled with lightning and rain that is.
I did get to have a little fun on my trip and caught a movie at this really cute old theater. The employees wore old style suits and you could eat dinner from their adorable little dinner in the theater.
Add caption

My souvenir cup.

This weekend, the lady Brandts ventured off to the "Pug Crawl" downtown. The boys enjoyed new video games and TV time...and we enjoyed a plethora of pups in all shapes and sizes.


Auntie Jenny & Womby joined us too.

It was hot. Like...REALLY, REALLY, hot...so of course we needed ice cream...

After the Pug Crawl, we headed to Bayview dog park to let the dogs stretch their legs one last time and do some swimming.


Puggle in Action

Isn't she beautiful
And last but not least. I finally bit the bullet and bought me a craft cutter. Bring on the teacher crafts!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess