Skip to main content

Prep.


This is the reaction most of my "new ideas" get
Every year since Annabelle started school the kids are forced to do a "Back to School Survey". The questions are generally the same, but I usually mix in one or 2 new ones to keep it age appropriate, (For example this year we had to get rid of the "favorite cartoon" question in lieu of the "favorite TV show" question ::sniff sniff::). It's neat to look back over their old answers and also watch their handwriting and spelling improve (in some cases) each year. 

This year I decided to up the anty and force the kids to particpate include a short video of the mini's to go along with their surveys...below are the results...Enjoy..

(You may have better luck viewing if you click to view directly from You Tube..)

 
If you listen closely...you can hear Gavin realize he's been eating Seminole germs all year...

 
"Can I get something out of my backpack" translation "Can I scream at Dad to retrieve something for me"
 

 
Taking excitement to a whole new level....


Annabelle was being a bit of a Debbie Downer yesterday, and was so not feeling the interview. Please ignore her sourpussness...this was her 3rd redo. She was basically viewing this for an audition to be Daria... 




Overall the second week down has been a success. The kids had their first real tests  & I think they're all a bit relieved to have those behind them. They all have expressed that this year is definitely harder than last & they will definitely be doing a lot more study'n...especially Gav! In his words, "5th grade is no joke!"

First Day of School

Present Day

 We're all grateful for the upcoming long weekend that is upon us!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess