Skip to main content

Times They Are A Change'n

The Mini's started a new year of school today. It was a hectic morning; sleepy heads on the breakfast table,  nose bleeds to see who can make Leslie faint first, overstuffed back packs that threatened to topple children over, "no way you're leaving looking like that" discussions...just the standard what happened to our summer types of things.  Me & John took the kids to school and walked them to their classes even though Annabelle assured us she knew right where to go. I brought my camera to take photos, but of course that would have been too easy, so I had to leave the memory card for my camera at home to mix things up a bit. I ended up having to use John's cell phone to get a few shots. Thank goodness we upgraded our phones recently or I might have burst into tears. I'm probably going to make them take more pictures tomorrow morning (Gavin will be thrilled) so I can get some better shots but here are the  "please quit taking photos because we're way too cool for that" shots I got today.

Annabelle ~1st Grader!

Heaven ~2nd Grader! (Yes that is a Justin Beiber backpack)

Gavin~ 3rd Grader!
 If they think today is bad...just wait till I sign up for PTA :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess