Skip to main content

Windows Down....

While the kiddos were out of town in Orlando me & John thought we'd take a road trip. I've always wanted to visit St. Augustine & so off we went. We had a great time & hit up all the major tourist traps including the Fountain of Youth. It tasted a bit like toilet water, and I don't feel any younger...but maybe it takes a while to take affect. I was a bit disappointed to learn it's not actually a "fountain" at all...
Fountain of Youth




I'm a huge history buff so I absolutely fell in love with Downtown St. Augustine. Visited several of the "oldest" places, oldest school, oldest house, old drug store...I think John was a bit over it, but I could have stayed another week! We also drove out to the beach and climbed the lighthouse. It seemed like a really good idea before we started, but about 1/2 way I found myself stopping for pictures, just to catch my breath. It was like climbing a never ending furnace. Once we got to the top, I didn't want to go back down!!   Overall it was a really good trip & while we were very excited to pick the kiddos up on Sunday, we were excited our mini vacay was over!
Oldest School House. We didn't actually go inside. For $8.00 I felt contented enough by looking at it from the outside.
Cheesy "we're not from here" picture
I'll be honest, I forgot the fancy name for this, but  basically, it's a fort.


They wouldn't let me leave him! :)

As we were loading up the kids, I rolled down my passenger window as the keys were in the car & we wanted to keep the doors shut while we were getting their bags situated in the trunk. I have this crazy phobia about my keys getting locked in while the car is running and thus the window had to be rolled down. No problem with this...except that THE WINDOW WOULD NOT ROLL BACK UP!! A 6 hr interstate road time with the window down, is actually pretty miserable. Plus it rained off and on...and not like sprinkled, I mean it RAINED!!  Of course, there were some people, who actually enjoyed the adventure home...


Windows Down Road Trip Warriors


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess