Skip to main content

Ft. Pick'n It

Florida Snow

It’s Report Card time again and in celebration we planned a special camping trip at Ft. Pickens. The kids have really been itching to go  and the weather this past weekend was just irresistible. Now that 2 of the 3 mini Brandts have now mastered their bikes, we loaded them up among the 2 truckloads of camping necessities and headed out! (And yes, 2 truckloads is an absolutely reasonable amount of needed items for a night of camping…completely reasonable). The kids were *thrilled* when we arrived to see other kids roaming around and immediately set off to make some new friends. Even Gav enjoyed playing with the other kids as someone mentioned “Bey Blades” which of course made them instantly approved by Gavin. We cooked an exceptionally wonderful campfire dinner & roasted smores by the fire. We also taunted the kids with spooky stories about Geronimo (who was held at Ft. Pickens). The joke quickly became on us as I realized, well I don’t actually know anything about Geronimo …except that he was held at Ft. Pickens. Good thing I do know quite a lot about Google.

AB Warm'n up by the fire


Smore Sisters


We're big on Sharing


YUM


My favorite tree climber...AKA heart attack giver



Ahh..Nature


Heaven on Wheels!


My favorite Biker Gang...well + Sooter



Sunday we spent the day at Ft. Pickens. I kind of expected the kids to think it was boring, but they were really excited and had a lot of fun learning about the Fort. They actually asked to stay and go to the museum, but it’s still closed due to hurricane damage. I hadn’t been to the Fort in years so I enjoyed roaming around. Turns out you can’t actually visit the cell that Geronimo was held in because it no longer exists, but we got to see some photos of him which the kids were thrilled about.



Kid Size

If only....

Breaking out the "big guns"

 

After we’d done our share of exploring, we headed to Peg Legs for a quick lunch date. The girls really wanted to go to the beach (though we assured them it was much to cold to swim) so we spent the afternoon at the seashore collecting shells and enjoying our “Florida Snow”.



Heaven requested this photo...she thought this was SO clever









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess