Skip to main content

The Scouts Are Out


The Brandt family gained 2 cookie selling Girl Scouts this week! We've been on the waiting list for a troop FOREVER but we finally got placed this week. Since both girls need to be in the same troop (for sanity and logistic purposes) we had a hard time finding a "split" troop (Annabelle is a "Daisy" and Heaven is a "Brownie"). This week we joined troop 418 and the girls had their first meeting. They absolutely loved it. There are 9 girls in their troop total and they all seemed eager to welcome the newbies. (One of the girls told Heaven she was "so pretty" which granted her instant acceptance and top spot into Heaven's friendship circle). Much to their disappointment and embarrassment I crashed their first meeting on Tuesday. I told them I promise not to stay at every meeting but I wasn't going to just leave them with a stranger either. They seemed to accept this with reluctance. The meeting went well and as we are right in the beginning of Cookie Season the girls are very excited to sell some cookies. Annabelle especially has been knocking on the door or stopping anyone who looks like they might be interested (which translates into most people she sees).

So If you want cookies...let us know :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess