Skip to main content

Toes in the Sand

We spent the final day of Spring Break at the beach this weekend. Our first “REAL” family beach day of 2012 was a success. I spent most of by time laying out with my best friend of summer, my kindle…but the rest of the Brandtio’s enjoyed time in the water and sand. I ventured out to the sand bar just once…which was enough for me because contrary to the photos below, the water was FREEZING!!! We packed a picnic lunch and spent the day on the coast until the sun headed down. With John having surgery last week, and me working & wedding detailing with 2 of my best friends this week, the kiddos spent most of break with Grandma & Paw Paw (who they were very excited to see). They adventured to the Naval Aviation museum & to Navarre Beach as well as many ice cream trips around town. The girls also went fishing with Ava, Nana & Papa…which they thoroughly enjoyed (they keep asking when they are going back)!!  Overall I think they had a pretty good Spring Break…and finishing it off with the beach and dinner at Oar House, is just what their parental units needed as well… They really should make Spring Break for the working world too…Maybe I’ll write Obama, and ask him to “change” that.
Grins

Annabelle working on her Surf Skills



Gav getting ready to dive in


Toes in the Sand



I had to have a fedora...don't judge!

Oh Belize...how we miss you...


Beautiful Bestie #2

Beautiful Bestie #1

Best looking guy around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess