Skip to main content

Trolls, Bears, & Ghosts

We took a quick camping trip to Adventures Unlimited this weekend due to the beautiful weather we'd been having. I've been promising to let Ava join us on a trip and this seemed like a good weekend to try it out. She's a good bit younger than the girls and often gets home sick when she's away. Needless to say I was a little nervous as to how she would react in the woods at night...especially since John mentioned all her most feared creatures within 2 hrs of being their...Trolls, Bears & Ghosts. All things that probably have never come up in a conversation between them ever...

Twirps

Gavin showing off his muscles...

Ladies

Smores. I forgot the graham crackers...which was A-Okay by all the minis.

Boo enjoying breakfast

Gav

Swimming in the creek. Notice Gavin adventuring in the background. I was WAY to cold to get that far in!

She made it just the same & we even had a camp break in by raccoons to liven up the night! The kids enjoyed swimming in the frigid waters & as usual the smores were a highlight as well.

We finished the weekend up with a quick dip at Nana & Papa's.


Girls on their "pink ponies"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess