Skip to main content

Breakfast in Bed

Seriously, how can you not love these faces???
Happy Mothers Day to all you amazing Moms out there!!! I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day! I sure did :) John brought me breakfast in bed (which involved him researching how to make french toast via iPad while cooking...bonus points) and the mini's showered me with love and presents :) And if there's anything I know, it's that you can't go wrong with love & presents!! They got me an orchid (which I am going to take very good care of and NOT kill), a handmade calendar, a wonderfully over decorated cake, cards, and special silhouette pictures. I slept in gloriously late, and then went to Target...all by myself and just wandered the aisles. It was Heavenly.

Gabe joined us for an afternoon at swimming at Nana's. All the kids are being brave diving board divers now...even Ava. The weather was perfect and I throughly enjoyed relaxing by the pool. Well...relaxing by the pool as much as possible with multiple children and John playing that is. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess