Skip to main content

Heinz Love.



There are 3 things you can always find an abundance of in the Brandt household...Love, Prayers, and Heinz ketchup. I was pleased as punch to see Annabelle douse her black eyed peas in ketchup as her seasoning of choice at dinner tonight. I grew up putting ketchup on EVERYTHING. Of course, I usually did this as a method to choke down whatever my mom cooked for dinner, however I'm sure this was not the case for Annabelle :)

Now I am not a grocery snob, infact much to John's displeasure the majority of groceries in our home are the result of a deal of some sort. You wanted Coco Puffs? Oh well because Coco Crisps were BOGO and so close your eyes and pretend they're the same? Oh, you wanted a REAL lunchable? Well tough cookies because Smunchables (or whatever the official off-brand name for lunchables may be) were $10 for $10...and when you're talking circular ham and crackers, well there's really just not a big difference in quality. There are only 3 things I am brand loyal to; Heinz ketchup (because it is far superior to all other ketchups and yes I could select this in a blind taste test. If you choose to buy Hunts ketchup...just know that I secretly think less of you.), Coca-Cola (because if I'm going to wreck my health drinking Soda, I might as well go with a trusty brand...oh and because Coke Zero is my own personal crack) and lastly Hellman's Mayo (because John doesn't ask for much, but he refuses to eat any Mayo that's not Hellman's)...all other groceries though, they're fair game. So here's to Heinz ketchup making dinners of all sorts edible since at least 1983.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess