Skip to main content

Flute Fluke.










This Saturday the girls and I headed down to Floridatown Park for the annual Creek Indian Pow Wow.  Gavin was feeling under the weather, and it was gorgeous outside so it seemed like a good way to spend part of our Saturday. The girls really loved it, and surprisingly enjoyed watching the ceremonial dances, though they could not be tempted to join in when it was allowed. In an effort to avoid the "Can we buy everything PUHLEASSSSE" discussion which usually ends poorly for the children I gave each of the mini Brandt ladies an option, $5 to spend on whatever they chose at the festival or to spend on a treat at the festival or on the way home. The only limit I put on this, was that it could not be on an actual weapon of any kind as Heaven had her eye on a bow & arrow. Nothing good can come from a child and a bow & arrow. Nothing.

While Annabelle did enjoy browsing thru the craft booths, she decided that her sweet tooth was stronger than her need for Native American paraphernalia. and decided to spend her money on a treat from Sweet Frog.  Heaven however decided she REALLY NEEDED to spend her $5 on a new flute. As I hadn't outlawed such dreadful things in my original breakdown of the rules
(Rookie Mistake) the flute came home with us. Heaven is thoroughly enjoying her attempts to create beautiful music throughout the weekend. I'm afraid however...she may be the only one. Needless to say it may not be around much longer. If I don't destroy it....Gavin surely will.
Heaven showing off her festival face paint



I suspect the girls will have colored eye brows for several days
The Flute

 
Annabelle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess