Skip to main content

Many Thanks.

We've started our Thanksgiving project (Gavin and John are especially thrilled.). Each day we will all add one leaf of thanks to our wall. Once something or someone has made the wall, it cannot be repeated by anyone in the house. By the end of the month we will have different 150 things to be thankful for. I hope or will serve as a reminder that in a culture constantly telling us to want more....we have more than we could ever need. We are so blessed.
The wall of thanks. Okay technically cabinets of thanks, but whatever..
Though I am very thankful for these children...I am very UN thankful that they woke up an hour early for school
 (Stupid time change). This photo was taken about  6:45 in the line to be dropped off at school. We were waiting for the school to open.
Not cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess