Skip to main content

Fancy Smancy


I adore the Sanger
Yes....Annabelle is wearing fur.
This weekend myself, one of my beautiful sisters and the lady Brandts went to see The Nutcracker at the Sanger. It is gorgeous, and I'm hopeful that with enough forcing in time the girls will gain my appreciation and love for it. For now, however, they just enjoy the chance to get fancy.


I was a little nervous the girls wouldn't be able to last thru the entire performance, but they did great! Heaven especially enjoyed it. One of their fellow Girl Scouts was an angel in the production, which they were especially impressed with. We sat with some of the Brownie memebers in the audience.

Next time however, I will definitely read The Nutcracker before we go as it has been years since I've heard the story. There were parts in the second half that I had to stretch to explain to the girls. I need to brush up on my interpretive dance.
Lovely Ladies


Me and my Beautiful Sis Mikey



We finished off the night with a visit to TCBY since the girls were so well behaved. (and because I'm obsessed with frozen greek yogurt)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess