Skip to main content

Business & Pleasure


Glad to see someone's been eating well

We've had a busy Saturday this weekend. I had some work appointments this weekend, so while I worked Saturday morning the girls joined Nana & Papa for some pool time & lunch. Then us ladies headed into Pensacola to shop for some new crafting supplies & since the girls were exceptionally good, a little yogurt & Ping Pong. I've got several craft projects lined up, and next week when the kiddo's are in Orlando, I'm going to be a crafting machine!

Hobby Lobby Photo Op
Ping Pongging

When we could shop & ping pong no more, we met up with the boys & headed to a cookout at the Johnsons house.  While the kids swam & played the adults socialized over burgers & wine (which is a much more sofisticated comibination than it sounds). We hung out into the wee hours of the morning and even though SOME of us didn't make it without doozing off (KIM!) had such a fun night. Needless to say, we will be repeating this event soon!

Mac & Gav
AB & the Twins, Chloe & Alexis playing with the pups
The Artist Corner, Heaven & Gabe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess