Skip to main content

VBS Without Walls


Sisters! 
This week is VBS and the girls are having a blast so far! It's held in the evenings, which is SO nice and allows us to be able to drop them off and pick them up much easier than the typical day VBS most churches typically have. I was  a bit worried to how the girls would take to it, as it's somewhat soccer themed and being held outside at our local soccer fields. Even at 5:30. it's been in the low 90's everyday when I drop them off....but they came home the first night absolutely pumped up & ready to return. They're practicing for a big performance on Sunday....I've caught a few glimpses of it and I sure hope there are no scouts in the audience...because the girls are fantastic! 

Heaven says she's even THINKING about playing soccer again this year because she's enjoyed it so much. I think the highlight of their night though is their ride home with Nana. She's working & offered to bring the girls home as the soccer field is out in Chumuckla and not exactly close to the house. She's also been taking the girls to dinner each night on the way home...the girls LOVE their Nana! 

AB is on a team made mostly of boys....she's tougher than the whole lot of them
Heaven....you can't tell in the photo, but she's shouting at me to stop taking her pictures...bahahah! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess