Skip to main content

Bahama Mama's

Did I mention we took a cruise to the Bahamas? 


Well....We did, And I am SO sad to return to reality. It's been almost a week of being back and no one has cooked me a 3 course dinner, cleaned my bathroom, made my bed OR left me a towel animal with chocolates. I don't know if I can get used to this. 

First stop, Freeport....Paradise Cove had the MOST fabulous snorkeling! 

Me, John & My favorite North Dakota couple who cruised with us! :) Already planning a 2013 repeat!

The Gang @ The Queen's Staircase in Nassau 

Lunch in Fish Fry-Nassau Bahamas 

Pubic Beach in Nassau

Half Moon Cay. I could sure get used to this view....



Cheers!! 

Seriously, I wanted to scream when I saw this. I fell in love with this dessert on our Honeymoon. Reuniting felt so right. 

Doesn't this look like a Postcard?!!?? Our ship in Half Moon Cay.

Our travel agent is amazing and scored us a GREAT deal on a hotel with free Island of Adventure Ticket. I've been bragging about the Harry Potter section of this park to Kelan and Jessica since me and John went before our wedding. I was SO glad they were able to join us and experience it for themselves! Such a perfect way to end our trip!!
Me & Jess with the Hogwarts Express conductor

Harry Potter makes me gleeful.

Frozen Butterbeer!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess