Skip to main content

Ten.

HB's first BD party at Nana's
 Can you believe this little bit is 10?? TEN!!!!???!!!!????!!!

                            
             Heaven's party this weekend was a huge success!! We had a few fantic moments...like when it started to downpour less than an hour before the Swim Party kicked off...or when the green cupcakes started melting about 10 minutes before the guests arrived...but overall it was an absolutely awesome day!! Heaven said it was her best party ever & all her friends left with big smiles! It was a lot of hard work...but it definitely paid off in the end.

            Friday night the lady Brandts helped finish up some of the last minute projects. They were actually really, really helpful and everyone bragged on their decorations!


Heaven wrapped the cupcake display "boxes" and decorated them herself as well

Camo Cupcakes
These were SUCH a pain to make. #neveragain














The cutest napkin folders around!
                As the guest arrived, they were asked to take photos in our "Redneck Red Carpet" area before jumping in the pool. We got a lot of REALLY cute photos of everyone donning their favorite Duck Dynasty props. It was probably my favorite thing about the party!!  The kids didn't let a little rain stop them from jumping in the pool after their photos, and seemed to be enjoying the rain even!

Even the pups couldn't resist a photo



My grandparents...clearly I never really had a shot of normalcy



Gavin's one and only willingly posed photo
After the kids had a chance to work up an appetite, we dried off and had some Duck Dynasty themed grub, camo cupcakes & ice cream!




Blowing out the candles at 7...
 
Blowing out the candles at 10
 
We finished up the party with gifts, games and a few more photo prop pictures with friends.

"Surprised" at 7

"Surprised" at 10
Show'n off her new BIKE! I can't believe just a few years ago she was scared to give up her training wheels!

Crazy Girls


This photo will show up in a senior slide show a few years from now. You can count on that.
 The "Flour Game" was a HUGE hit...




Heaven had a few friends spend the night to finish off her party weekend. They stayed up late (REALLY late), watched numerous Netflix shows and ate candy and popcorn  in the living room....I think those are pretty good signs of a successful night!!

I for one....am glad we've got a little break before the next party. I am party'd out!!!! Annabelle, however has already started thinking of themes for her January birthday....I made threats to end that madness immediately

I need at least 2 months to re-coop.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess