Skip to main content

Destin.ation


Dinner at the Back Porch with Friends


 
The troops ventured to Destin this weekend. The weather was perfect and we had a blast! We sunned, We swam, We (I) sipped frozen drinks by the beach, We visited with friends & We even held an Alligator. True story.
 
Some of my favorite People!

Brian & Collin
    








Me & Shell









         We drove over Saturday afternoon which took us a little longer than expected due to the Billy Bowlegs fest in Ft. Walton (which I was totally bummed to miss out on). I was one "How much longer?" from abandoning a child or 3 to walk the remainder of the trip when we arrived. Luckily a lounge chair and book was all I needed to calm my nerves. Melissa, Bryan, Erika & Collin arrived shortly after we did to spend the day with us. The kids had so much fun swimming in the pool & playing on the beach. Within minutes of arriving the girls of course had made a slew of new friends so they were surrounded by a pack of other kids their age for the remainder of the weekend. Good times. Once Michelle arrived we cleaned up, and headed to The Back Porch for dinner. The kids fell asleep at the table...overall, it was a pretty perfect day
The kiddo's checking out the shore at night


Heaven's starting fish stories early...this is how big she "says" the fish she caught with Nana & Papa is. I'm hearing reports of much closer to the 1 ft range...and that was "tops".




I have some SERIOUSLY amazing friends


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess