Skip to main content

Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day to all the AMAZING Fathers out there!! Especially the ones in my life!! I am the person I am today because of the fabulous family who raised me. My Dad has always supported me  & constantly pushed me to work harder and try for more. Even though at times it was hard, I can look back today and thank my Dad for a vast majority of my successes. The same can be said for my Step Dad. Being a step-parent is hard. Harder than I could have imagined, and yet more rewarding at the same time. Had I not had such great step parents, I would most certainly not be able to battle the ups and downs that come with raising someone elses child. I am blessed to have a step dad who always included and loved me as his own, while never pushing to replace my Dad. I love both of these men more than words can say!!
Me & the best Daddy in the world
#1 Step Dad!!!
I am equally blessed to have married such an amazing Father. These kids have no idea what an amazing man they have but they will look back and be so incredibly grateful.

John & his Mini's
Paw Paw putting away some lunch!


We started out the morning by taking John to breakfast at Village Inn.  It took a little longer than we'd planned (and by that I mean forever) leaving us not enough time to make it to church. On the bright side, it left me plenty of  time to visit with Paw Paw before lunch with Dad! He put away some serious food eating 3 pieces of fish, 2 pieces of fried chicken & french fries. For someone who fusses about dinner EVERY day...this was definitely a good thing!! After lunch with Dad & the gang, we headed over for an afternoon cook out & swimming at Mom's. Having a huge family, means on every holiday it's guaranteed we will be forced to rush around to at least 4-5 places and likely be forced to eat just as many times. Just the same...I would't trade any of them for the world!!

Annabelle's sweet Fathers Day card to John. She did this all by herself!!

Breakfast @ Village Inn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess