Skip to main content

Weekend Update

A week in review...photo addition

              This week went to the dogs. Puffin Bear spent the week with us...much to the children's pleasure. Gavin loves Pup because "She's calm" and the girls love snuggling with her at night.  We put her in her dog prison (crate) after the girls were asleep each night however, because Pup likes peeing on beds. I have a feeling, this would ruin the whole girls love snuggling her at night thing. 



The cold temps brought another furry face inside the Brandito Lair this week as well ...

Unfortunately he has a similar love for peeing inside...so Bandit must stay in his prison at all times while indoors.


            The children were introduced to Spaghetti Squash this week, which I must admit went much better than I'd imagined. They won't be begging for it anytime soon or anything soon, but no one feigned vomiting so I think that's a success. We thought it would be fun to roast our own seeds from the squash however and that was not quite as successful.




                   The hubs and I visited FSU this weekend to watch them pound Idaho 14-80. Needless to say we left at halftime (as we were up by 40 points) and had dinner and a movie with my Sis Caleigh before heading back home. 






             I also decided it would be fun to learn to make band aids...so I went ahead and fell on our way into the game so that I could try my hand at it.I'll be wearing tights for a while it looks like. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess