Skip to main content

Wild Night

Halloween 2014 was a success!!  
By that I mean, we've got candy covered for the next 12 months...minimum.


              Introducing Dr. Who. I really tried to talk AB into another costume. I mean, this is your ONE night a year to go out in the public in costume...live it up!! But her heart was set on Dr. Who...and so Dr. Who was what she got...complete with the Sonic Screwdriver (THANKS KADY!!). The wig was short lived, but she sported the rest of her costume, jacket and all,  thru the humid Florida evening. She scored some major points with a few fellow nerds Dr. Who fans passing out candy too.





            Next up we have the one, the only Taylor Swift ::::the crowd goes wild::::. This is more up my costume ally. Heaven is still very into Taylor, and was really feeling this costume. She's been Jamming to her Taylor Swift hits all week in preparation for the big night. She also was a big fan of the ear mic...aka the handsfree cell thing my Mom bought ages ago and has never used. 




             

                     And last but not least, we have a Gator basketball player. Gavin really didn't want to dress up this year, which I was fine with...but when I told him he couldn't trick or treat without being somewhat dressed up...his plans quickly changed. This is what he came up with...which is actually an outfit he already owns.  Well minus the hat accessory, I think that was a newly purchased item.







               I asked them to give me one pose that there character would make. Taylor's blowing kisses, the Gator player is doing the chomp...and Annabelle....is just looking suspicious.



                We met up with the Johnson crew for a little trick or treating...Mac was some sort of Pokemon character...and I think Gabe was a rocker. I know he was rocking his mom's boots...so that's something impressive...



         Me & the Hubs dressed up as well. It was sort of an on the fly decision, so our costumes were a bit thrown together. John went as a camo/hunter guy with a beard (mainly because I insisted on using face paint on him) and I went as the internet sensation  Grumpy Cat.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess