Skip to main content

Easter


I cannot believe it's April. I need at least 6 hours added to each day. Time is flying by too quickly and I DO NOT LIKE IT!

Easter definitely snuck up on us this year. The Hubs and I didn't even begin our EB duties until about 7 pm on Saturday night. Not cool. The mini Brandts seemed pleased with their Easter morning experience just the same however.


The lady Brandts helped me prepare several of the Easter menu items on Saturday evening. In particular they were excellent green bean snappers! They also helped decorate the eggs that were turned into deviled eggs upon their completion. The girls were a little disappointed that there wasn't much time to display their decorated beauties, but I make a mean deviled egg and sacrifices had to be made. We did save their "best" egg each...though I'm not 100% sure why as their both currently sitting in the fridge. Just sitting there looking pretty.

Let me also point out that the reason both girls are sporting "urban" hairstyles in these photos is that they requested "crimped" hair for Easters Sunday. I'm working on saying "yes" more as currently 9 of 10 responses are a big ol no (to be fair, the kids generally have some pretty ludicrous requests).


 So "crimped" Easter hair it was. They also picked their own Easter dresses....I know,  I know 2 yeses in such a short amount of time. I couldn't believe it either. Gavin didn't have an opinion about what he wore as I had ruled out anything Gators.






Easter itself, like all Brandt activities was basically one big stress fest. We sure did look awesome while we ran around like crazies though. We started the morning off with Easter baskets and an egg hunt thru out the Brandtito Lair. The Easter bunny got a little lazy and also just threw some candy parade style up and down the hallway....which is funny because some of the candy looked suspiciously like the candy received at this years Christmas parade.

Weird.








Egg Hunt
After we the Easter bunny madness we got all fancy like and and headed to church. I tried REALLY hard to get some good photos...but the Brandts were not into my paparazzi like tactics.  Even though there were clouds in the sky and rain in the forecast, they kept feigning "brightness" and that the sun was in their eyes. Ridiculous as it was not in the sky! It took all of about 3 minutes for me to get frustrated and chalk it up as a loss.







This is right before I lost it. 


Note the "crimped" hair...on the girls, not Gav...his was just completely untamable.


And I gave up.
We spent the rest of the day house hopping, stuffing our faces and hunting eggs. The girls (being the insane children that they are) actually spent a few minutes swimming. Literally minutes...because it was overcast, windy and cold...not swimming weather at all.


Me & My Purdy Sister Mikey




Yeah right.  The mini Brandts don't believe in naps. Sad fact.


Hunting eggs




Gavin only completed one egg hunt. He said that was all he needed.




Me and my awesome Dad


Cousin Time



While at Nana's the girls discovered my stash of prom dresses. Why have I saved these? For times such as this...


Me & Auntie Jenny

It was a great Easter. The kids came home with TONS of candy (which will slowly disappear over the next few days to reappear for the next holiday/birthday/grab bag/piñata need) & quickly passed out...quickly followed by the parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess