Skip to main content

The Greatest Show In Tallahassee



This photo required bribery and threats

John has been promising to take Gavin to see a Gators game ever since his disgusting love for the Gators began last fall. The thing about Gav is, he doesn't really handle loss so well. John decided to take him to the Blue vs Orange game held each year before the season starts. Basically it's a glorified practice but since it's the Gators vs the Gators, the Gators are guaranteed to win.  So this past weekend JB & Gav loaded up & headed to the swamp, or as I call it enemy territory. Since the FSU High Flying Circus home show was going on & I'd been wanting to show the girls around FSU's campus as well...loading up the Lady Brandts and heading East to Tally seemed like the only thing to do.

We had planned to wake up early Saturday morning and head out. We all packed the night before, got in bed early & even work up early. Seemed like we were smooth sailing to be on the road at 8, easy. Of course this meant by 9:30 I was screaming at the girls and 2 trips back to the house later, we were actually on the road.

We arrived just in time to pick up Aunt KK (Caleigh's new nickname) & head to the show. It actually worked out perfectly because it was pretty toasty under the tent, and too much longer sitting would have resulted in some pretty uncomfortable people, mainly me.





Don't they look good in Garnet & Gold 
The performers in the show are all FSU students. The majority of performers receive no class credit (I'm pretty sure FSU only actually offers 1 class worth 1 credit anyway) & basically just join for a reason to be involved on campus. I was definitely not interested in this while enrolled but I did have a friend who performed & it's amazing how much work (and of course practice) goes in to putting the show together. The circus does a few (less than 10) home shows per year and also does traveling shows  in the summer at Calloway Gardens.



I didn't get many good photos as I only had my IPhone since my camera was dead (it was on my Friday to do list), but there are trapeeze artist, tightrope walkers, jugglers....basically your regular circus without animals stinking up the place. It also features more dance/gymnastics type performers than your average circus. The girls seemed to really enjoy it and were forced  excited to get to meet a few of the performers after the show.

By far the best performers






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genius.

We still owe Annabelle 2 more AR trips so yesterday I thought I'd escape the "hurricane" madness of Pensacola and cross one off our list. We decided to give Auntie Jenny a visit in her new apartment in Mobile (AU Pharmacy Program...GO JEN!) and let her show us around for a while. We drove around campus for a bit and grabbed lunch at Hero's, which is close to her apartment. It has a very "college" feel to it, and Annabelle felt very "cool" to be out with the ladies. After lunch we headed over to the Explorium to waste away the rest of the afternoon. I love the Explorium, because they change their main exhibits our pretty regularly, so no 2 times are ever the same. Plus, it actually attempts to help the kids LEARN something while they're playing....vs just running around like mad heathens.  Annabelle really liked the kid science area & the "matter" exhibit they have. Especially the soap bubble cloud maker. The poor worker re...

Fish Tale

After feeding and watering the dogs for 6 weeks, Annabelle earned herself a fish today! After much debate at Petsmart, she decided on a pink "dragon scaled" beta & a mermaid themed tank. She has named him Poseidon (we're a bit into Percy Jackson right now...for better or worse) though I personally pushed for King Tritian (I mean HELLO it's a mermaid tank!!). She could not wait to get home and get it all set up. Because we (I) underestimated how big the tank we selected is, we set it up in the girls room...as there is no where else to put it. He has lots, and lots of pink decorations...so hopefully he's not too much of a manly man fish.

Carolers

The girls Brownie troop went Christmas Caroling this weekend at University Pines Retirement Community. They were absolutely precious. Words cannot express the cuteness overload. Several local troops were there and they sang for about half an hour. The girls have been practicing their songs for weeks, and they did spectacularly. The adorable retiree's gave them rave reviews and they were stopped by several people asking them to come back next year.  Could they be any cuter? When we got home, we thought it only seemed fair to get the dogs in the spirit too..... Kingsley the Great Bayleigh the Princess